Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Rainy Days and Mondays (I know it's Tuesday) make me sleepy

You would think after 5 straight hours of sleep that I would feel like I'm on top of the world, but I'm not. I'm dragging my feet and my children along with me.Yes the chores are done. We have the white noise of the dish washer, washing machine and dryer going so I shouldn't complain. But it is days like today that make me wonder if I shouldn't grab a good book, curl up under a blanket and read until I go to sleep which wouldn't take long. :D

With that in mind, I'm reminded of all the things we still have to do. Spelling tests to give, math lessons to grade, science experiments to do, children who seem to think they should eat more than once a day and other sundry things. It is with all of this heavy on my heart that I bow my head in prayer and turn to the only comfort I can really find in this world, My GOD and His word. "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." Philippians 4:13. This is what will carry me through my day. This is what I will hold to my heart to let me make it until my kids go to bed and I can then collapse into blissful sleep.


So the sky may be cloudy and the rain my come pouring down, I may have a to-do list that is a mile high, but I will accomplish what NEEDS to be accomplished. I will face the day knowing that I can attack anything that is set before me, because HE is on my side the whole way.


Many thanks to my husband who reminded me of this, this morning before he left for work. He was in the right place at the right time to feed my soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment